Sunday, February 18, 2007

McCain to speak at Creationist Institute on Feb. 23. I just threw up in my mouth a little.

On February 23, 2007, the "maverick" John McCain will address the Discovery Institute, the privately funded vehicle for Intelligent Design nonsense.


For a really good response to this creationist drivel, the following link is great:


Scientific American: 15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense.


For the record, I mean no disrespect to whose who choose not to accept the scientific reality of evolution by natural selection on religious grounds; you have a right to do so, and I respect that. However, please do not try and wedge faith conclusions into scientific discussion. My morality is not based on scientific proof that human beings should be good to one another; likewise, my rational interpretation of facts should not include, in its calculus, faith-driven thought.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger hsuper said...

as i've been saying for the last year, john mccain is not your friend.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

hear hear - also see Jerry Coyne's book review on the ID book

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home